o muzeu

Slovácké Museum

In 1929 the town bought the building of the former Town´s Shooting Club in Smetanovy sady (park) which was in 1801–1803 rebuilt into a restaurant called Na Střelnici in the place of a wooden shooting range. Following the necessary reconstruction and installation work a museum was opened here in August 1931.

In 1936 came the first minor reconstruction of the museum building. The construction work went on till April 1937 and two months later a new exposition was opened as part of the 1937 Slovacko Exhibition.

On 15 June 1940, a further extension was started. In the course of the completion of this construction it was decided that the first floor of the new building would house an exhibition of ethnography, the ground floor of the old annex would be a picture gallery with a ceramics exhibition, the other ground floor rooms then would be dedicated to history, prehistory and other themes. The raw building was completed in the early months of 1942. The fundaments also contain architectural components from the excavations carried out in a church in the old river bed of the Morava in Spytihněv. In the war time building material was hard to get. This is why a decision was made to erect two round cement columns on the first floor as a kind of support for the wood-cement roof. For the lack of iron the central heating could not be installed so chimneys had to be built to heat the building by stoves. During the construction some adjustments were made on the ground floor of the old building. The construction work was finished in the spring of 1943.

In the mid-1960s the oldest part of the museum, the shooting range, renovated in 1930, was devastated, the roof was falling apart, the walls were leaking and the wiring did not meet the requirement of the standard. During further reconstruction of this part of the building, the exhibition halls on the ground floor were partly replaced by a depository and a conservation work shop. The first floor exhibition hall with ceiling lanterns was extended to 190 m². In the first stage a clubroom and depositories were made on the old building’s ground floor and an annex with a Lansfeld furnace was removed. In the second stage, the upper part of the old building was renovated. The old roof was cleared away so that a new elevated hall with a lantern was designed and interconnected with a large hall, the result being a huge exhibition area with two lanterns. In 1964 the main building of Slovácké Museum was listed among architectural monuments.

In the early 80s small but significant changes were made to the side wall of the museum. In 1984 a mosaic made of coloured ceramic tiles, the work by Jano Köhler, was put on the wall.

The last extensive construction changes on the main building of the museum were finished in 1995. The former depositories on the ground floor were turned into a new exhibition hall for short-time exhibitions. The clubroom, once used for minor travelling exhibitions was changed into a museum club serving for the public not only as a lecture hall but also as a coffee bar. The entrance with a ticket office and a staircase underwent some adjustments to correspond with the functionalist style of the building. In the year 1997, after the modernization of the side wing which houses the museum employees´ offices, the construction work was completed.

Kontakt

Slovácké muzeum v Uherském Hradišti,
příspěvková organizace
Smetanovy sady 179
Uherské Hradiště 686 01
Telefon: 572 556 556, 572 551 370
E-mail: info@slovackemuzeum.cz
Podrobné kontakty

Zřizovatel

Partneři

Facebook YouTube Odběr novinek RSS akce RSS dokumenty eBadatelna Zlínského kraje